If you are new to the insert content method, please refer to the article An introduction to the Insert Content method.
Don’t break your layout!
These insert content methods are provided for inserting code into your theme layout. Only use these methods if you are certain that your code will not create invalid HTML and/or break your shop layout or functionality (always test after changes).
Editing meta titles and descriptions
When using the meta methods:
- Refer to Should I be editing my meta tags, URLs or titles? before use.
- Use only plain text in the content of these pages - i.e. do not include the meta tag or other HTML tags.
- To obtain a page slug, refer to How do I obtain a page slug for a particular area of my shop?
- When editing meta for many pages, use the global method as described in section Page specific content of An introduction to the Insert Content method.
- Edit the meta title for a specific page.
- Add text after the meta title on all pages.
- Add text after the meta title for a specific page.
- Edit the meta description for a specific page.
Adding custom meta and code to the document head
When using the head code method:
- This is not your shop header. For that, see Insert Content - Layout, Header and Footer.
- This method is not for displaying content.
- Unlike the meta methods above, the head code method requires complete and properly formed HTML tags. Never add plain text or content tags in the content of this page. Only the following tags can be used:
- To create page specific code, use the method described in section Page specific content of An introduction to the Insert Content method.
- Globally insert code into the head area of your shop HTML.
Adding code to the document body
- Globally insert code or content immediately after the opening body tag.
- Globally insert code or content immediately before the closing body tag.
The following support articles include examples that make use of the above insert content methods: